hero design

Language proficiency

For all twelve regulators in Canada, successful completion of an CEAB-accredited undergraduate engineering program in either French or English proves the necessary language proficiency for the language in which the degree was completed. 

OIQ requires applicants to demonstrate proficiency in French, APEGNB in either French or English, and all other regulators require proficiency in English.

Are you an internationally trained engineer? is a useful resource that can help you navigate your path towards practicing engineering in Canada.